||The Society publishes an annual
journal, the Old Kilkenny Review, which is free to all members. The
first issue, which is now very scarce, was published in 1948, and an
issue has appeared for every year since.
The journal is the Society's main contact with the
majority of its members, many of whom live abroad, and beside a mix of
articles of Kilkenny interest it carries a record of the Society's
activities, membership, obituaries and book reviews.
The numbers already issued form an important
body of work relating to the history of the county of Kilkenny. It is
hoped that an index to the journal will appear on this site in due
course. In the meantime a listing of articles in all journals from 1948
to 1998 can be viewed at the site of Thaddeus
Breen, and those of the issues since 1998 at our own site
Old Kilkenny Review Contents.
Contributions from non-members are welcomed. The
journal is published in December, and finished material should be
submitted to the Hon. Editor, Kilkenny Archaeological Society, Rothe
House, Parliament Street, Kilkenny, Ireland, by 1 September. The Editor
will always be pleased to have advance notification of material in
progress, and intending contributors are referred to
Guidelines for Contributors.
The current journal and a limited number of back
issues are available for purchase. See Publications for full details.